11 answers, 11 questions and a picture of a sleeping catTuesday, October 07, 2014
Lucy asked these questions a while ago, not tagging anyone but inviting those who wanted to to answer her questions to do so. I liked them, so here are my answers...
1. What is your favourite place in the world?
Home. It sounds so boring but it's my sanctuary - the place where I feel most free, relaxed and safe.
2. What was the last new food you tried?
Boquerones, as part of a Spanish platter in Cafe Del Mar on my birthday this year. Basically, it's fresh anchovies, marinated in a mixture of vinegar and olive oil, and seasoned with garlic and parsley. It was OK, my friend seemed to like it more than I did, so I let her eat most of it and munched on salted almonds instead.
3. What is currently top of your shopping wishlist?
A holiday. I had a 4 day break in Cornwall recently for a friend's wedding. I came home with a hankering for a longer holiday. Not having to worry about making the bed, cleaning the bathroom, buying or cooking food and going to work is my idea of heaven right now.
4. What are you currently reading?
A Cup of Tea, A novel of 1917 by Amy Ephron, which is my chosen book for Alex's A Blogging Good Read for April 2015. I took part back in September 2012 and no one really liked the book I chose so I hope this one gets better reviews! I'm really enjoying it.
5. Who would play you in a film of your life?
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A mobile hairdresser, driving from one appointment to another in a black mini. I don't know at what point this changed. It's nice to think that, even then, I liked the idea of working for myself.
7. Do you believe in extra-terrestrial life?
I think it's possible. I refuse to believe that we know all there is to know about the universe.
8. What animal do you think you most resemble in looks and personality?
Has to be a cat - big eyes, like to sleep a lot, would eat constantly if allowed and fussy about the people I befriend.
9. Who's your favourite Corrie character?
Erm, is Betty still in it?
10. Have you ever seen a ghost?
No, but I believe that, like extra-terrestrial life, it's possible that they exist.
11. What is your proudest achievement?
Working for myself.
My questions to you, should you wish to answer them. Let me know if you have, I'll pop over and give them a read.
1. If you could have anyone (dead or alive) write a guest post for your blog, who would it be?
2. If you could live the life of someone else for a day, who would you be?
3. Name something that you wish you were really, like really, good at.
4. What was the last film you watched, was it any good?
5. What childhood possession do you wish you still owned?
6. If you were to bury a time capsule what would you put in it?
7. If you could rid your life of one thing, what would it be?
8. Would you rather be trapped alone on an island or never allowed to spend a single moment alone again?
9. Who's blog do you take most inspiration from?
10. How did you find out that Father Christmas doesn't exist?
11. What's the first thing to come into your head when I say 'beauty'?
Looking forward to seeing answers to these!