Soup Sunday | White BeanSunday, September 13, 2015
I didn't think I'd be doing another Soup Sunday quite so soon but I was really keen to try the vegan creamy white bean soup from Bessie's Veggie Food.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- 1½ tsp dried sage
- 3½ cups low salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups white beans (cooked or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 5 cups shredded kale
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak cashews in water for 6-8 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside until ready to make the soup.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan & Sauté onions and garlic
- Add the basil, sage, salt, stock, beans, and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the soaked cashews and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the cashew cream and kale to the soup and mix to combine.
- Cover and turn the heat off. Let it sit for about five minutes.
- And enjoy!
I somehow remembered to soak the cashews when I got home at 1am this morning so I was good to for an early lunch today.
Pampered Chef chopper. I love this gadget. I can get a finely chopped onion in no time and all the evil onion vapours are contained.
This one was quite expensive (I just looked it up online and it's £35.50 - I don't remember it being that much!!) but I had tried a cheaper version and it was utterly useless.
Overall, I liked this, it has a really nice flavour. I would've liked it a little creamier but then considering the creaminess came from nuts it's pretty good.
I served it with a pile of buttered toast soldiers. Delicious!
Feel free to point me in the direction of any good soup recipes.
(Day 15 of blogging everyday for 40 days)